
Jack is at that stage in life when he always wants to say the prayer: breakfast, lunch, dinner, FHE, or family prayer. Usually, when we say it's time from prayer, he starts praying before anyone else gets a chance. Even during church I hear him mumbling the start of a prayer while one is being said at the pulpit. At home, if someone else tries to pray, he throws a fit during it (or acts as drama queen, dramatically throwing himself onto the floor or hunching over the table, pouting), and won't be satisfied until he prays himself.
Today, during lunch, it was the same ol', same ol'. After the second lunch prayer, I said to Brian, "With all the praying that Jack does, you would think that he would be better behaved." Then, it occurred to me: "Maybe he is better behaved!"
Heaven help me if he ever stops wanting to pray!
2 comments:
I hear you on the prayer. We do doubles, triples, whatever it takes to keep everyone happy. I hope all this praying is doing some good, even if it's done at top speed and in a competitive spirit!
This one made me laugh! I hear ya!
Post a Comment