March 17, 2009

Round-up

Last week Jack, Bria and I accompanied Parker to Kindergarten Round-up for registration. Of course, once I was sitting down to fill out forms, Jack ran through the first open door he saw. Luckily, it was just a hall. I asked Parker to go bring him back so that I didn't have to leave Bria alone. So, he proceeded down the hall, only to tackle Jack down. Boys.

Parker's excited "to go to el-e-men-ta-ry school." I know that he'll miss the private school he's been attending for pre-school. I wish he could still go, but it would be a bit expensive. He'll miss giving Aunt Eleanor hugs.

I found out Jack had an ear infection last week. The doctor said that, on an infection scale from 1 to 10 (10 being the worst), Jack's left ear was an 8 and his right was a 3. No wonder he hasn't been eating well lately, although he'll eat snacks left and right. (Notice the black gum drop residue on his teeth in the picture.) In fact, just the day before I took him to the doctor, he snuck downstairs and got a fruit snack from our food storage after I'd told him he couldn't have a treat. And he's afraid of going downstairs by himself. After I discovered what he'd done, his only reply was, "don't see me."

That night was the ward RS b-day party dinner. I made some yummy cookie dough truffles to take. Before we left, Jack said he didn't want to go because, "it's poopy." Brian replied, "It's not poopy, it's a party. You don't want to poop at the party." Then Parker said, "If you do, you'd be a party pooper." What a smart-alic.

My week didn't end well. Last Friday, after celebrating Grandpa Wendell's birthday and hanging out with the in-laws, we had to leave early because I wasn't feeling well. We made it half way home when I had Brian pull over and I got sick on the side of the road. At least I felt better after that. Thankfully it was either just something I had eaten or a 24-hour thing and the rest of my weekend was fine. That's not something I'd want to do again.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Those treats sound and look soooo good! You should post the recipe. (hint hint)