April 13, 2009

Easter

In between all the egg coloring, basket searching and bunny-ear wearing, I did what I could to teach my boys why we really celebrate this Easter holiday. Saturday we watched Finding Faith in Jesus Christ, and Sunday, Parker asked to watch it again. Easter seemed more meaningful to me this year, whether it was because I tried to make sure the kids knew what the holiday is really about, or (since I've made a goal this year to read each month's Ensign cover to cover) because of all the articles in this month's Ensign of Jesus Christ's Atonement, or maybe because turning 30 has made me a little wiser, whatever it is, I am grateful.

I have a testimony in Jesus Christ. He is the Saviour of the World. He atoned for my sins. I'm trying to follow His example each day, but I'm far from perfect. I know that as long as I do my best, I can be perfected in Him.


Grandma S and Jack inspect some dyed eggs.


Parker checking on his colored egg.


Egg hunt time: Jack


Parker and Jack and hidden eggs. 


Jack found some grass.


Eggs = Candy = Happy Jack


Parker's bag overfloweth.


Bria on Easter morning.


Happy Jack!


Whoa!  What's in this big egg?!


Easter Baskets


Parker checking out his Easter basket.


Bria in bunny ears.


Jack's on another Easter Egg Hunt!


Parker spots an egg.


Jack and Grandpa.


1 comment:

Lesli said...

I love the slide show. I'll have to try it out.