He had kept asking me my favorite place to eat at in SLC, prior to this date (not like I went there too eat to often), but I didn't have a clue what he was intending to do at the end of the night. We went to Lagoon, where, as I mentioned before, he said –in not so many words – that I had a big butt, when we were getting on one of the amusement rides together. (Actually, what he said was something like "Whoa!" which I interpreted as "Wow, what a big butt!" and I've always teased him with that.) We also went through a spook alley where black lights made the makeup on my face glow. Later we went to an Italian restaurant – Tucci's, I think it was. Then Brian suggested we go to Temple Square.
Even with the romantic restaurant, and the “impulsive” trip to Temple Square, I still had no idea what was going on until we were sitting on a bench looking at the Salt Lake Temple. Brian started acting all weird and nervous and it finally dawned on me that, “this is it, he’s going to propose!” And he did. He was down on one knee, for a split second, to asked me to marry him, then hurriedly got back up once I said yes. Then he pulled out the ring. It was every girl’s
Later that night, when we stopped by his parents’ house to tell them we were engaged, for some reason Brian’s dad didn't believe us when we showed off my “engagement ring.”
I love you Brian, and am thankful everyday that you are my husband.
2 comments:
That is cool, my husband proposed to me while I was sitting on the toliet (fully dressed of course), working on getting my automatic litter box working again. I think he did it more or less to releive the stress I was feeling because the box wasn't working, but it is still fun to tease him about it to this day. That and the fact he only married because my parents land boarders nation forest, prime hunting.
These things are funny to look back on later in life. I still laugh about the twisty tie ring I got. Happy Engagement Day!!!!
Post a Comment