August 31, 2010

Off He Goes

I had to visit some people after church on Sunday, and was walking around the neighborhood.  After coming out of one house and heading to another, I hear Jack calling for me.  I look up and see him riding his bicycle.  I'm surprised by this, because every time we'd ask him to practice riding his bike, he would refuse.  Or, he'd get on and coast it down the driveway and walk it back up.  I guess he suddenly felt like he wanted more freedom than sitting by his little sister in the bike trailer when we go for rides.

Jack, riding his bike after we dropped Parker off for the first day of school, Monday.  (It was freezing and he's it flip flops.)

We only rode around the block, but it took us a half and hour!  He had to keep stopping and to check his tires to make sure they had enough air in them.  And stopping to pick up some rocks. And stopping to look at some flowers.  And stopping to ...

No comments: