It's already been a long week and it's barely Wednesday morning. I think it must have something to do with the fact that I didn't get to go to church on Sunday. Parker had gone to bed early Saturday night with a headache and feeling just yucky. Jack was afraid that if he went to church, he might get sick and not make it to the bathroom (even though he was better -just.). So I stayed home with my boys while Bria went to church with her Daddy.
While I was getting her ready for church, I decided to attempt something different than her regular, hair-sticking-up-all-over look.
Brian said she still had her pigtails in after nursery (Surprise!) but pulled them out sometime in the car on the way home.
Monday we we're scheduled to have family pictures taken. A big feat that doesn't come around that often (thanks to an uncooperative husband). Our last family picture looks something like this:
Jack is only six-months old, and it was another difficult time getting Brian convinced we needed one taken. After this picture, I told Brian that I wouldn't ask him to get another family picture done for another 5 years, or when we have another baby -- whichever came first. (Although, Brian says he has no recollection of that agreement. I really should start getting things down in writing.) Bria was born (almost two years ago), but apparently we had to wait until she "actually" looked "like something other than a baby."
Finally, I was able to negotiate another family picture and our appointment was at 6:20 p.m. Brian called about a quarter after five to say the car quit and I needed to come pick him up. First I had to go pick up Parker and Jack who were playing at some friends' house. They weren't there. So then I had to canvas the neighborhood looking for them. Luckily a little boy that's new to the 'hood told me where to go. I picked them up with a borrowed scooter and wearing no shoes. Next, to Maverick, where Brian had told me he was "near." He wasn't near there and I drove aimlessly around looking for his location, finally stopping back at Maverick, asking if they knew were a certain business was. Finally I found him and towed him to the nearest gas station (not Maverick, by the way) to see if putting gas in the car would help, even though the gas gage said it was 3/4 full. Gas did help -- apparently the gas gage is busted. So on to home, where we had a half and hour to make and eat dinner, get changed and gussied up for pictures, and go. But before going home, I had to drop off the boys at their friends' house to take back the scooter, find their shoes, and ride their bikes home. I told them they had to do all that fast, but Parker ended up having a flat tire on his bike.
Amazingly we got to the photographer just in time. I won't be surprised if my hair is limp and clothing is askew when we get the pictures back. I found out in the middle of photo taking that Jack's shoes were on backwards, by the way.
Tuesday (yesterday) was already a long week, too. I had laundry to wash. I still haven't folded all the clothes today. Then, last night I ran to the store, for Brian, to get some brushes to paint our (awesome) new bookshelf that Brian is building. I came home and Bria was crying and the boys in trouble. And for some reason they all have lost all treats and snacks today, only being allowed breakfast, lunch and dinner. Bria included. Today's going to be (already is) a difficult day. The boys woke up fighting with me and each other. Bria's going through M&M withdrawals. Hopefully the family prayer we had this morning with Jack asking for help (with my encouraging words) that we'll all be better behaved after school, will help.
Time for a stinky diaper change. Go me!
Finally, I was able to negotiate another family picture and our appointment was at 6:20 p.m. Brian called about a quarter after five to say the car quit and I needed to come pick him up. First I had to go pick up Parker and Jack who were playing at some friends' house. They weren't there. So then I had to canvas the neighborhood looking for them. Luckily a little boy that's new to the 'hood told me where to go. I picked them up with a borrowed scooter and wearing no shoes. Next, to Maverick, where Brian had told me he was "near." He wasn't near there and I drove aimlessly around looking for his location, finally stopping back at Maverick, asking if they knew were a certain business was. Finally I found him and towed him to the nearest gas station (not Maverick, by the way) to see if putting gas in the car would help, even though the gas gage said it was 3/4 full. Gas did help -- apparently the gas gage is busted. So on to home, where we had a half and hour to make and eat dinner, get changed and gussied up for pictures, and go. But before going home, I had to drop off the boys at their friends' house to take back the scooter, find their shoes, and ride their bikes home. I told them they had to do all that fast, but Parker ended up having a flat tire on his bike.
Amazingly we got to the photographer just in time. I won't be surprised if my hair is limp and clothing is askew when we get the pictures back. I found out in the middle of photo taking that Jack's shoes were on backwards, by the way.
Tuesday (yesterday) was already a long week, too. I had laundry to wash. I still haven't folded all the clothes today. Then, last night I ran to the store, for Brian, to get some brushes to paint our (awesome) new bookshelf that Brian is building. I came home and Bria was crying and the boys in trouble. And for some reason they all have lost all treats and snacks today, only being allowed breakfast, lunch and dinner. Bria included. Today's going to be (already is) a difficult day. The boys woke up fighting with me and each other. Bria's going through M&M withdrawals. Hopefully the family prayer we had this morning with Jack asking for help (with my encouraging words) that we'll all be better behaved after school, will help.
Time for a stinky diaper change. Go me!
1 comment:
Geez, I can't believe you actually made it to the studio! I hope it turns out great!
Post a Comment