May 3, 2011

Easter 2011, part 2

Bria is a bit spoiled when it comes to clothes, as girls often are. (Little girls, anyway.  Not big Mamas like me.) For Easter this year, I couldn't help but get her two cute dresses. And after many years of the boys having lots of hand-me-downs to choose from, I decided that (with Bria getting two new dresses) they needed new shirts that were all their own, too. With two dresses to show off, I had the kids wear their Easter clothes the week before Easter.


Here's the best shot I could get before Bria ran off.

For Family Home Evening the week before Easter, we had a lesson about Jesus and the Resurrection and then made some cute edible sheep.  I got the idea from a cousin's blog who found it at this blog.  The photo on that blog makes them look a lot cuter than what we were able to do.  But they still tasted good!

Bria's finished sheep.  I'd forgotten to get stick pretzels, so I made due with these square ones (which weren't as cute since you had to be careful or the donut broke apart).


Parker squirting on some icing for the sheep's eyes and nose.

Jack putting on the finishing touches of his sheep.

After being gone for two days and getting home late the night before Easter Sunday, it was a late night for the Easter Bunny.  It was also an early morning with the boys running all around, checking out all the "bunny droppings".


Parker is the last to find his basket that was hidden in the powder room sink.  That darn Easter bunny.


The kids showing off their special surprises: Parker got marbles, Bria got a Tangled doll, with lots of long hair (what was that Bunny thinking?!), and Jack got a teddy bear (something he's been wanted for a while).

Bria started with a fever the night we got back from all our Easter celebrations.  She still had a low fever Sunday morning, so she stayed home with Brian while I took the boys to church.  Good thing she'd already worn one of her Easter dresses the week before.


Bria in her second Easter dress the week after Easter Sunday.  She liked the nice full skirt that puffed up around her.  It's cute, but with just having thick straps and no sleeves, I put a pink shirt on her underneath.  It's ridiculous that all these cute dresses for little girls have no sleeves.  (Her first dress is held on by itty bitty strings, but at least it came with a matching bolero.)


All the kids in their Sunday best.

No comments: