September 30, 2011

What a Week

I know, I know, that last post was way obnoxious of me, but can I help it if I want to keep my sweet little babe all to myself as long as possible?  Plus, we've had a busy week what with:

Jack's broken arm (a supracondylar fracture) on Wednesday during Parker's soccer game.


And then there were Bria's stitches in the ER on Tuesday--

Before:  That left eyebrow will never look the same.


After [dancing in the shower]: Stitches (5 or 6 of them) on the eyebrow, just like her two brothers.  It seems like it's now a family tradition.  Sorry baby sister.


I've also been busy getting rid of all the boy clothes I've stored and all my maternity clothes.


And, of course, the biggest excitement of the week (a week ago today) was the arrival of

Claire

After 3 hours of labor, an epidural that didn't work, and screaming like in the movies (which I'm embarrassed about), Claire became the baby of our family.


 Waiting to be released from the hospital.

Mauling Meeting new baby sister.

 Bria and Claire

 Jack and Claire

Parker and Claire

PB&J with an e-Claire (we get to keep the real one, you enjoy an electronic version)


 Parker always wants me to take his picture cuddling Claire.

I'm grateful that my mom was able to come and stay with us for so long.  Four kids is a bit overwhelming right now, especially with two ER visits in two days.  Thanks Mom!  (And thanks Dad for being willing to eat boxes of Wheaties while she was gone.)

My sweet baby Claire.


4 comments:

Mandy said...

Thank you for finally posting pictures (and a name, which is very cute by the way)! She is adorable, I love those cheeks!

You poor thing, no epidural! Ouch! And, no wonder you didn't post pictures with that crazy week! Sheesh. I'm surprised you are still functioning!

Kim Tracy said...

Wow!!! Congrats on the little one....you are one strong woman....
She is beautiful.
Parker's arm is going to make his baptism real fun.....I can't believe that our oldest ones are getting baptized. It seems like jusst yesterday we were emailing each other about being pregnant with them. Your family is beautiful.

Rebecca said...

Kim- Lucky(?) for us it was Jack that broke his arm, not Parker (guess I didn't orginally mention that in the blog- fixed it now) so we won't have to worry about a broken arm for Parker's baptism.

Dawnya said...

I love Claire's expression with Parker cuddling with her. It looks like she's saying "Back off Bud!"