August 20, 2013

New Responsibilities

This summer, in order for me to (try to) do less housework, I started having the kids clean a different section of the house each day. This was done after their one page of summer homework (what a mean mom I am!)

At first it was difficult to let them do things their way.  After a week, I decided that, unless I wanted to follow behind them and redo what was done, I needed to just let them do their jobs their way and try not to complain or redo the task (too much, anyway).


Parker learned how to mow the lawn at the beginning of the summer. This year, it's more of a "Do you want to earn more money and mow this week?" job.  Next year, I don't think he'll be getting a choice of whether he wants to do it or not.



No comments: