August 11, 2010

Looking for Gypsies

I was frustrated with the kids this morning, especially Bria and Jack.  Jack left a dry-erase marker out within Bria's reach.  When she found it, she began to decorate whatever caught her eye: walls, blankets, toys, furniture.  She apparently wanted to pretend to be a polka-dot zebra today, judging from the marks on her legs.

So, I told the kids we were going to sell Bria to the gypsies and loaded us all in the car.  Then we drove to the next town over (looking for a park we've never been to, so I wasn't quite sure where it was) trying to find the gypsies in unfamiliar territory.  By now I was planing on giving all three of them to the gypsies, and Jack started apologizing for all his naughtiness.


I found the park and, as we were getting out of the car, I notice an RV parked close by.  I told the kids that the gypsies were still sleeping in their trailer, but would come get them when they woke up.  Then I locked the car with a honk, and said I was honking to tell them we were here.


After some playing on the slides, it was getting time to leave.  Then a police car came driving slowly around the park.  I told the kids that the cops were looking for the gypsies and naughty kids, so the gypsies wouldn't be coming today.  And, sure enough, as we were walking back to the car, the "Gypsy RV" was nowhere to be seen.

No comments: