January 18, 2012

Christmas 2011; Family Parties

Twas the season for parties:

 
Brian's Grandma had the usual food, pinata and gift-handout the week before Christmas.


The day after school let out for winter break, Parker got sick.  He was sick practically all day Christmas Eve eve.  He felt better for the annual Christmas Eve party at Brian's parents', but then Jack started to feel sick that day.  We went to the party anyway.


Brian, Bria and Jack (who seems to be feeling alright about this time).


Parker and Jack (and Bria) sure like infomericals. That's where they discovered Wuggle Pets.  Each of them got a Wuggle Pet from Grandpa and Grandma L.


Mama and Claire just enjoying the show.


Doesn't Bria look sneaky by the Christmas tree?


Before the "special visitor" arrived, it was pinata time.  I let Bria help me pick out the pinata this year.  She picked a pink ice cream cone.  It's festive because Christmas time is (usually) cold and so is ice cream.  Jack and one of his favorite uncles model the remains of the pinata.


Santa!

Parker was very serious about sitting on Santa's lap this year, making sure he left Santa a note with what he wanted. Claire slept through the event. Bria was a bit shy but was happy to sit on Santa's lap.  Jack was: excited, thrilled, jubilant, ecstatic.

Jack was pleased about Santa's visit, but he still didn't feel the greatest. Half of Christmas day he was still feeling yucky. But he was doing lots better later Christmas night in time to go to the annual Christmas party at Great-Grandma C's (where the camera sat forgotten in the diaper bag).

Monday (the day after Christmas) we were going to visit my parents, but I woke up the the bug that was making the rounds in the family. I felt awful all day so we went nowhere.


We finally got up to my parents' house Wednesday.  The kids and I helped Grandma with her yummy caramels.

If her diaper was any indication, Claire was starting to feel yucky while we were at Grandpa's and Grandma's.  On Friday, Bria woke me up in the night with the sickness.  Brian never did get the bug.  I told him that was because he either: A) doesn't kiss me enough and/or B) doesn't play with the kids enough.



4 comments:

Michelle W. Nate said...

Sounds yucky at your place for awhile. I'm glad you are all doing better. Miss you!

Kim Tracy said...

We had a crud going around our house for Christmas as well. Glad you are all feeling better.

Dawnya said...

Maybe you should sneeze or cough on Brian more often. Hopefully the kids won't remember feeling ucky during the break, but just how great it is being with family.

Mandy said...

Looks like a fun holiday minus all the sickness! I've noticed husbands never seem to get the sickness that everyone else does. Not very fair if you ask me. I'm drooling over those caramels! I remember getting those for Christmas from you! Yum!