July 20, 2011

That was quick

Guess who's potty trained?!


I packed up all that was left of the diapers and pull-ups this morning to be stored until baby number four needs them.  I really can't tell you if it's because I was dealing with a girl this time around or what, but potty training Bria was (almost) the easiest thing ever.  With my first child, it was a new experience all around so it took some time and frustration, but didn't seem too horrible.  It took some time (and lots of potty treats), but not too long.  With my second, that was not a fun time.  And it took a lot of time for him to even be willing to try.  And try we did, with potty treats, charts, stickers, stamps, a potty watch, and a peeing doll.  But we made it.  Just before he turned four.

For at least a couple months before I even started trying to potty train, Bria would wake up with a dry diaper in the morning after sleeping all night.  It seems all I had to do was put her in big-girl undies, let her feel what it was like to have a few accidents, and VoilĂ !: done.

I would have said that the beginning of last week (or even sooner) she was all trained, but I was still putting her in pull-ups at night, church, and longer trips to the store for my sanity's sake.  But, then, last Friday we took an impromptu trip to the next valley over to have dinner and go to a home improvement store (still working on the basement), but I decided to roll with it and see what happened if I kept her in undies.  She did great.  The next obstacle was church on Sunday.  I still put her in a pull-up since the last week at church she had some issues, but this week she was fine.  After church we discussed how that was her last time at church with pull-ups and also that she'd have one more night with them at bedtime, but the next day she'd be done.  And she is. 

She's also a very competitive pee-r.  If anyone says they need to "go", she runs, screams, and shouts until she's on the pot first.

Here's to only having one kid in diapers (come September)!

2 comments:

Kim Tracy said...

My girls were pretty easy to potty train. They do say that girls are easier then boys.
Right after I first get them trained I usually will sneak to the nursery and take the potty between Sunday School and Relief Society just to be safe.
I am not even sure how to begin to potty train a boy, which I guess I better figure it out fast since here soon it will be time to think about training Perry. Is he that old already?

Dawnya said...

Way to go Bria!