August 11, 2011

Looking Forward

I have just weeks left of this pregnancy and there are quite a few things that I look forward to:

  • I can't wait to be able to run again so I can catch up to a naughty child quicker.
  • I want to go for a bike ride.
  • I want to not worry about if it's healthy if I eat this or that during pregnancy. I'd like to be able to eat a lunch meat sandwich or something with feta without thinking I'm harming my baby.
  • I can't wait to not wear maternity underwear.
  • I'm going to love donating all my maternity clothes to charity (since this is my last baby, according to Brian), especially my ugly swim suit.
  • I look forward to wearing my Superman shirts again.  I have two I've never worn: one I got months ago, when my belly was just a bit too big to wear it; another that I just got this week -- anticipating a time when I will be thinner.
  • Speaking of thinner, I just ordered two pairs of jeans for $30.  They're not the smallest size, but I assume they'll fit me a few months (hopefully) or more (most likely). And, Hey! they were 2 pairs for $30.
  • It will be a while before I am able to sleep through the night, but I can't wait to not be woken up in the middle of the night with a strong urge to use the toilet. 
  • It will be nice to not have to sleep with a bunch of pillows surrounding me in order to try (unsuccessfully) to get comfy.
  • Lastly, I can't wait to meet this child that pokes and prods me all day long, just to say "Hey, I'm still here.  When you going to let me out?" And, it will be nice to finally know what name this little child will be known as in our family.



2 comments:

Mandy said...

I'm looking forward to pictures!!

Dawnya said...

u r funny!