March 7, 2012

Double Doubles

Just after a friend and I were discussing the lack of us receiving flowers from our husbands, Brian surprised me with this beautiful bouquet!


It was my birthday, after all.

 
I was excited to try out a recipe for chocolate caramel cake.  With that gooey layer of caramel, you'd think it would be heavenly.  It wasn't.  It was too sweet.  After talking it over with my mom, we decided that it was because the recipe called for melting the caramels with sweetened condensed milk, rather than evaporated milk and butter.  Oh well.  My mother-in-law made a delicious banana cake that we enjoyed at Brian's parents' house the day after my birthday.


Me at thirty-three.


Look at what I got for my birthday!


The boys had a day off of school because of the end of the semester, so we were able to take a trip to visit my parents for some more birthday celebrating.  My Mom (with "help" from my kids) made me Mississippi Mud Pie for my birthday and my kids made a mess of Grandma's craft boxes.



3 comments:

Mandy said...

Happy late birthday!!! I actually remembered that day and wanted to send you an email but by the time I got online I completely forgot! (typical) It looks like you had a good time. I love the super heroes!

Kim Tracy said...

I totally know about the not getting flowers from the husband. Hope you had a Happy Birthday! I did send you an email before but thought I would say it again....

Dawnya said...

"Wonder Woman!" (in a sing song voice) need I say more?